The waterfront home at 121 Sunset Beach Road in Sag Harbor’s North Haven neighborhood came on the market for $9.8 million earlier this year in March. After less than four months on the market, $1.3 million has been taken off the asking price and it is now listed for $8.5 million.
Built in 1997, the artistic home once belonged to the late fashion icon, China Machado, who was the first non-white model to be featured in Harper’s Bazaar, and has been referred to as the first non-white supermodel. Machado passed away in December of 2016, just days before her 87th birthday.
In over 3,000 square feet, the beach house has four bedrooms and four bathrooms on nearly an acre of waterfront land with shoreline on both Noyack Bay and Short Bay—a small North Haven pond. Interiors include an open floorplan, a fireplace in the great room, and artistic details throughout that make this home unique.
Outside, there’s a detached garage with an apartment and a bocce court.
The property is listed with Corcoran Group’s Mala Sander, Beate Moore from Sotheby’s, and Rima Mardoyan Smyth from Douglas Elliman.
For tips and corrections, please email email@example.com
- The Hamptons Home of Late Fashion Icon China Machado Hits Market [WWD]
- China Machado, Breakthrough Model Until the End, Dies at 86 [New York Times]
- Artistic waterfront home in North Haven lists for $9.8M [Curbed Hamptons]
- 121 Sunset Beach Road [Sotheby’s]
- 121 Sunset Beach Road [Douglas Elliman]
- Spectacular Sunsets on the Beachfront [Corcoran]