The estate at 189 Further Lane in East Hampton has made the news several times—most notably for being the property that basketball star Kevin Durant rented for 10 days back in 2016 for $100,000. During his time at the East Hampton home, he decided to join the Golden State Warriors.
Sited on 3.2 acres of south-of-the-highway land, the property has sold for $13.6 million after four years on the market.
In 2014, the 7,400-square-foot home went up for sale for $21.5 million and over the next four years would see multiple changes in price. Most recently, it was asking $14,995,000 under Sotheby’s International Realty agents, Patricia Wadzinski and Frank Newbold.
Before the recent sale, it belonged to interior designer Scott Sanders and his partner Peter Wilson, who purchased the property back in 2002 for $4.65 million. Sanders has referred to the abode as the “ultimate beach house” considering its proximity to the ocean and the privacy that one will experience on the professionally landscaped property.
The five-bedroom house offers five full bathrooms, three half-bathrooms, curved walnut entry doors, stone floors, a screened-in porch, and a master suite with a private balcony. Outside, there’s an oceanview teak rooftop deck, a heated pool, a cabana with a gym and kitchen, a tennis court, and a three-car garage.
For tips and corrections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 189 Further Lane [Sotheby’s]
- Notable East Hampton home on Further Lane attracts a buyer [Curbed Hamptons]
- Kevin Durant reportedly spent $100K to rent this East Hampton home for 10 days in 2016 [Curbed Hamptons]
- Nearly $2M taken off Further Lane estate, now asking under $15M [Curbed Hamptons]
- A Ravishing Three Acres on Further Lane Will Run You $21.5M [Curbed Hamptons]