American Express is going to be renting the famous Grey Gardens estate this summer to host “seasonal events,” reports the New York Post.
AmEx hasn’t discussed the price paid for the rental, but the last time it was on the rental market the cost was $275,000 for Memorial Day to Labor Day.
The home made headlines when it went up for sale back in February, as it was the first time that the home was on the sales market since Washington Post journalist Sally Quinn and late husband Ben Bradlee purchased the home from the Beales in 1979 for $220,000.
The home is currently asking $17,995,000, having had one $2 million price cut since it came on the market.
Designed in 1897 by Joseph Greenleaf Thorpe, the 6,652-square-foot home sits on almost 2 acres of land, and is equipped with nine bedrooms, seven-and a-half bathrooms, a swimming pool, a tennis court, and apparently a lot of ghosts.
It is located at 3 West End Road in East Hampton, near Georgica beach.
- AmEx is renting out Grey Gardens this summer [New York Post]
- Grey Gardens estate for sale, asking price a pinch under $20M [Curbed Hamptons]
- Haunted Hamptons [Curbed Hamptons]
- The Grey Gardens estate just got a $2M price chop [Curbed Hamptons]
- 3 West End Road [Corcoran]