The late Sandy Gallin—who was a talent manager to names like Dolly Parton, Cher, and Elizabeth Taylor—made a second career later in life flipping homes. The East Hampton home at 466 Further Lane that he purchased in 2011 for a little more than $5 million came back after he renovated it with a $24.5 million asking price just over a year later in 2012.
Five years and several price cuts later, the home has finally sold. The last asking price was $18.9 million under Douglas Elliman agent Linda Haugevik, but neither the final sales price nor the buyer has been revealed at this time.
Beyoncé reportedly checked out the digs back in 2013 at a time when the Carters were still renting in the Hamptons—but we think it’s pretty safe to rule her out as the buyer since she recently purchased the Pond House in Georgica earlier this year.
On over two acres of land, the property has five structures in total, including the 6,500-square-foot main house and four additional outbuildings. The main house has seven bedrooms, nine full bathrooms, and two half-bathrooms. Outside, there’s a gunite pool, spa, pool house, and even an apple orchard.
- 466 Further Lane [Douglas Elliman]
- Serial Flipper Sandy Gallin Drops the Price of Further Lane Compound [Curbed Hamptons]
- Hamptons home Beyoncé almost rented gets second price cut in five years [Curbed Hamptons]
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z are the buyers of the East Hampton Pond House [Curbed Hamptons]
- Sandy Gallin, 76, Talent Manager Adored by Stars, Dies [New York Times]