Curbed Cup, the annual virtual award for the best neighborhood of the year, is officially kicking off! This week, we’ll be calling for readers to cast their votes. Each poll will only be open for 24 hours, so make sure to get your vote in!
Last week, Bridgehampton advanced to the second round of the Curbed Cup after defeating Northwest Harbor, taking home more than 60 percent of the total votes, leaving its competitor with less than 40 percent of the votes.
Bridgehampton is one of the most accessible areas in the Hamptons—conveniently situated between Water Mill and Sagaponack. It also has one of the only shopping centers on the East End, making it a local hot spot and often a much-needed destination. In addition to its accessibility, it has ocean beaches and attracts celebrity buyers looking for real estate.
In the first round of the competition, Springs and its opponent, Wainscott, went neck-in-neck and tied in the first poll. But after a one-hour lightening round, Springs took home the majority vote, advancing it to the next round of the Curbed Cup.
While Springs is a small area, it also attracts celebrities for its real estate—namely, the artistic types like Jackson Pollack and Lee Krasner, Kurt Vonnegut, Willem de Kooning, and Nora Ephron. It does, however, lack a central village and business district, which could be its ultimate downfall against its tough competitor in this round.
But who wins is up for you to decide! Will it be bustling Bridgehampton or a more secluded Springs? Remember: polls are only open for 24 hours, so be sure to cast your vote!
- Curbed Cup 1st round: (2) Bridgehampton vs. (15) Northwest Harbor [Curbed Hamptons]
- Curbed Cup 1st round: (7) Springs vs. (10) Wainscott [Curbed Hamptons]
- Curbed Cup lightening round: (7) Springs vs. (10) Wainscott [Curbed Hamptons]