This one’s different. The house started out as a two-story, three-bay vernacular house around 1780. It’s known as the David Rose House. David Rose was a member of a wealthy and important clan in Southampton: he owned 350 acres in North Sea and was town supervisor in 1818 and president of the trustees at various time.
Later, additions were put on during the 19th and 20th centuries, and now in the 21st, there is 3700 square feet of space with six bedrooms and four baths. Looks to us like a lot of period charm has been retained, such as the ancient wide-plank flooring in the entry hall, old beams, antique paneling, and the colonial-style fireplaces. (The one in the dining room looks like it was designed for cooking--we can see the iron dollies for suspending pots.)
The current owners have obviously decorated with love and care—the Shaker touches are nice, including the quilt pattern done in tiles on the bathroom wall! Cute idea. The black and white bathroom is obviously late 1920s-early 30s.
The property comprises two parcels of land: one acre for the houss, which includes a large gunite pool, and a half acre which could potentially be built on that offers 150’ of water frontage on Wooley Pond with dock, and the listing notes, "this home also has rights to a newly-constructed dock on Wooley Pond via Kendall's Lane with one slip permanently allocated to the property for a motor or sailboat." Nice.
- 1201 Noyac Road [Sotheby’s]