Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, new details emerge about the new Mexican restaurant opening up in the old Almond space in Bridgehampton. First up, we're told, the place will just be called Agave—not "Agave Bar & Grill", which is how their liquor licenses are filed. And although there will indeed be "big TVs" at the 20-person bar that might have a baseball game on to "keep someone [around] for an extra drink," they're hesitant to be calling it a "sports bar" at this point.
· They'll have 20 beers on tap, 10 different "gourmet burgers", and "amazing margaritas and tacos."
· Take-out will be available, as will reservations.
· They hope to open on May 20th (depending on Health Department and Fire Marshall sign-offs).
· The owner has also previously owned the Union Bar in Union Square and Tequila Jacks on the Upper East Side (although he promises Agave will be "a bit more upscale" than those, but adds it'll be "nothing over the top").
And, best of all, they're planning on keeping the place open year-round.
· All Agave Coverage [Curbed Hamptons]