clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Start-up Chronicles

Have a reservation at the Southfork Kitchen in Birdgehampton? Make other plans! The restaurant, owned by restoblogger Bruce Buschel, had a kitchen fire Saturday night and is currently closed until further notice. Apparently some long bolts attached to something behind a stove got so hot, they conducted heat all the way to their tips and ignited material deep inside the wall. "The fire took about an hour to extinguish, with firefighters forced to hack a hole into an exterior wall to get to the flames." [27 East]