clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Reader Questions

A Curbed reader asks about shellfish permits: "I'm renting a house this summer in Montauk and would love to go clamming in the lake. What's required?" In the Town of East Hampton, you have to be either a full-time resident or a tax-paying property owner to get a shellfish permit. But the Town of Southampton will let non-residents get a permit for their waters with just a local hotel receipt. Finally, the perfect excuse to wear waders at the new Capri Hotel! [Curbed Hamptons]