clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Freak Accidents

They may be known as man's best friend, but for the owners of one Amagansett home, they're the source of tragedy. Yesterday, we wrote about a fire destroying the residence located at 68 Fresh Pond Road. Today, we may have found out the cause. After a cursory investigation, all signs point to one of the dogs that perished. One of them may have inadvertently turned on the gas range while going after a couple of boxes of cupcakes the owners had left on top of it, igniting the boxes and starting the blaze. We're withholding the usual snark...this is just too sad. [Patch]