'Tis the slow season, Hamptonites. A time when benefits are fewer and far between, when Surf Lodge takes a breather, and when the polo fields lie dormant. With that said, things do still happen, such as this weekend's HarborFest, Sag Harbor's charming 3-day festival now in its 19th year. All proceeds benefit the Sag Harbor Whaling and Historical Museum. Our favorite events of the weekend, below.
5) Who doesn't love a parade? This year's starts at Palmer Terrace and Main Street and continues down Main Street to Bay Street. Saturday, 9:30am.
4) Stop by the Annual Whalers Cup Whaleboat Races, a pre-fest tradition since 1962. Saturday 12pm and 3pm, Sunday 12pm and 3pm. Windmill Beach, Sag Harbor.
3) Hungry and feelin' lucky? Try the Old Fashioned Lobster Bake (and silent auction) at the Whaling Museum. Tickets $75. Tonight, 6:30pm. 200 Main Street, Sag Harbor. 631-725-0770
2) Sample chowda from all of the local restaurants, then vote, at the Taste of Sag Harbor Clam Chowder Contest. Sunday, 1pm. Long Wharf, Sag Harbor.
1) Iconic Sag Harbor boat, the American Beauty, offers harbor cruises with a guided tour by Capt. Don Heckman. Saturday, 11am, 1pm and 3pm. Boat leaves from the Long Wharf, Sag Harbor.