As promised, Bruce Buschel returns to his Times blog this week to follow-up on his post about dining tune-age. Though not a fan of playing albums in their entirety, Buschel concedes that there may be the occasion to do so - i.e. when a natural disaster strikes one's iPod. To that end, he reveals the top ten CDs he'd play, start to finish, should the opportunity ever arise. Future Bridgehampton diners, this is what you're in for.
1. Bop Tweed Two
2. Buena Vista Social Club
3. Classical Jazz Quartet Play Rachmoninov
4. David Russell plays Agustín Barrios Mangoré
5. Dexter Gordon: Ballads
6 .Getz/Gilberto (featuring A. C. Jobim)
7. Jacques Loussier Trio — Satie: Gymnopedies & Gnossiennes
8. Miles Davis — Kind of Blue
9. Sphere — Flightpath
10. Undercurrent by Bill Evans and Jim Hall
Original? Expected? Music lovers, what say you?