Columbus Day weekend is upon us, and with it comes the seasonal closure of a new round of East End restos. Below, a sampling of the soon-to-be-gone. Eat here by Monday or forever hold your peace...until Spring 2010.
· 668 the Gig Shack - On Main Street, the Gig Shack will celebrate the season with a final musical performance on Sunday afternoon before closing on Columbus Day. Providing the tunes: the Donovan Coroza Project.
· Cherrystones - The seafood eat-in and take-out spot is slated to close on Sunday for the season. Bid adieu to the lobster rolls accordingly.
· Gosman's Dock - The restaurant at the Montauk dock close for the season on Monday. Waterfront dining is far too chilly in the winter.
· La Fondita - Say adios to La Fondita and its epic lines on October 11th. The Amagansett Mexican will return, as always, in the Spring.
· Amagansett Farmers Market - Eli Zabar's sophomore season on the East End is complete. Closing on Monday, the farmers market won't return until Spring. Fans fear not: a quick trip to the Upper East Side will cure any winter withdrawal.
· Bostwick's - The Springs fish favorite closes for good this Sunday, after owners Kevin Boles and Chris Eggert decided not to renew their lease. Bostwick's may move to Boles and Eggert's other seafood shack, Cherrystones, next spring.