To celebrate the end of Surf Lodge's sophomore season, the Star takes stock of the hotel's latest roster of citations which make it the bad boy of Hamptons nightlife. A darling of the code enforcers, the hugely popular bar and restaurant have been targeted by citizens advisory boards and government officials alike. Without further ado, a look at Surf Lodge's finest fines in its brief, but storied history.
1) 10 visits by the Town Ordinance Enforcement Department for assorted issues including a clothing boutique and hair salon were added without permits, overcrowding and excessive noise.
2) Overcrowding citations from the town fire marshal. The restaurant has dining capacity of merely 68 people.
3) Excessive noise issues from the Town Police Department. A hearing will be held soon 'on an existing live-music permit'.
4) Two food-service violations from the County Health Department. 'An overtaxed septic system' was noted as well.
5) The State Department of Environmental Conservation cited the owners with clearing brush too close to Fort Pond.
A bevy of fines were paid, none of which amounted to anywhere near the Saturday night take at the bar. Surf Lodge Summer 2010, here we come.
· Wave of Surf Lodge Citations Lodged [EH Star]